To prepare girls for the leadership roles they’ll take on in the future, we need to provide them with an unparalleled leadership experience now—an experience that can only come from the best leadership organization for girls in the world: Girl Scouts.
Use the talking points below to explain the Girl Scout Difference—on calls, in emails, and at events!
1. It’s the best leadership experience for girls in the world, period—one that is designed with, by, and for girls! Research shows that girls learn best in an all-girl, girl-led environment.
2. Girl Scouts helps all girls take the lead early and often. And we’re backed by more than 100 years of experience and expertise in the field.
3. Everything a Girl Scout does centers on STEM, the outdoors, development of life skills, and entrepreneurship, and is designed to meet her where she is now and to grow along with her.
4. This year we added new Journeys and badges in STEM and the outdoors! Combined with existing STEM and outdoor programs, as well as programming that addresses life skills and entrepreneurship, these new Journeys and badges help girls empower themselves to take the lead like a Girl Scout as they accomplish amazing things and work toward Girl Scouts’ prestigious Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards—the highest honors a Girl Scout can earn.
5. Girl Scouts is about civic engagement! Our littlest Girl Scouts, Daisies, can now earn the new Good Neighbor badge as they find out more about their communities. And Girl Scouts at every grade level can make the world a better place by getting involved in their community, school, or local government as part of the It’s Your World—Change It! Journey—or by advocating for positive change using our awesome G.I.R.L. Agenda resources.
6. The Girl Scout Gold Award is among the most prestigious awards in the world for girls—and it’s only available through Girl Scouts! Gold Award Girl Scouts:
Are especially active in their communities—meaningful and fulfilling!
Earn college scholarships unique to the Gold Award honor
Demonstrate high educational and career outcomes
7. The inclusive, all-female environment of a Girl Scout troop creates a safe space where girls can try new things, develop a range of skills, take on leadership roles, and just be themselves.
8. Activities such as hiking and camping offer girls opportunities for exciting, girl-led outdoor adventures while they learn valuable life lessons and leadership skills.
9. Girl Scouts fuels the female leadership pipeline:
50% of female business leaders—Girl Scout alums.
76% of female U.S. senators—Girl Scout alums.
100% of former female U.S. secretaries of state—Girl Scout alums.
10. No one does this better than Girl Scouts. Compared to women who weren’t Girl Scouts in their youth, Girl Scout alums soar in life. They:
Have more successful careers
Enjoy higher household and personal income
Are more active as mentors and community volunteersVote more regularly.
Why Girl Scouts is the BEST Girl’s Leadership Experience in the World (video with CEO Sylvia Acevedo)
The Case for Girl Scouts